Re: Config file suggestion...

Search this archive.

From: Michael Weller (eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de)
Date: Fri 03 Apr 1998 - 12:15:30 IDT

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, 101 wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>    I'm working on customising mouse/keyboard behaviour. But now there are
> so many variables that I don't want to define all of them with enviroment
> variables. But every user should have his/her own configs... So something
> like a .svgalibrc or similar would be great.
>
>    As I've checked the sources I've found something to prevent the user
> from redefining important things. So the current enviroment variable (I
> think GSVGACONFIG or something) should be replaced with a second-stage
> config file that's in the users home. (Simply we should read from the
> file instead of the enviroment variable...)

While true, I'd still appreciate if there remained the enviroment variable
(maybe in addition to .svgalibrc). This way you can easily write a script
calling squake after setting GSVGACONFIG. s.t. you can have certain
settings be active ONLY for squake, say. This is much more difficult with
...svgalibrc .

Michael.

--

Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,