Happy birthday svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sat 14 Jun 2003 - 23:44:45 IDT

Just in case anyone is interested, this was posted by Harm Hanemaaijer
exactly ten years ago:

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: hhanemaa@cs.ruu.nl (Harm Hanemaaijer)
Subject: VGAlib multi-chipset support
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 14:03:22 GMT

I've uploaded a heavily modified version of VGAlib to sunsite.unc.edu:
pub/Linux/Incoming/svgalib.tgz
I also uploaded spic.tgz, which is a simple picture viewer to test
svgalib with.

svgalib detects the chipset at run-time, and uses the appropriate driver.
It currently supports Cirrus GD542x (including 16-bit and 24-bit color modes),
TVGA 8900/9000 (from tvgalib) and Tseng ET4000 (untested).

I welcome any comments, bug reports etc.

hhanemaa@cs.ruu.nl