svgalib 1.4.3, fork, pthreads

Search this archive.

From: Serge (s-e-r-g-e@narod.ru)
Date: Fri 28 Feb 2003 - 10:55:46 IST

Hello, friends!

I have got one problem while programming application with SVGA library 1.4.3 version.
I was trying to add multithreading to the application. The first time it was done via fork.Yep, I ve to add: i m using 640x480x16 res. so, i m using VC. So, for a case, in one thread i need to redraw the screen, and in another to do some task. The problem was that when i use fork() and wait(), i get SIGSEGV, and my child process stops, because i m receiving this signal from svgalib when i m switching consoles from virtual to physical. I have forgotten to add: kernel 2.2.19, libc5. I was quite surprised, because the issue that comes with svgalib and threads are the same signals(SIGUSR1, SIGUSR2). So, I recompiled svgalib, it didnt make any sense.
Another way, I ve tryed to use pthreads with the same kernel and with the same libc. So, decided to add all gl_ calls to mutexes. When i m doing that in runtime, gl_ call comes in to the mutex and does not want to go out...The main problem comes to me when i use gl_copyscreen rouine.
D'u have any ideas about this issues.

BR,
Sergey