Valgrind findings

Search this archive.

From: James Wright (james@jigsawdezign.com)
Date: Thu 13 Feb 2003 - 01:51:00 IST

Matan,

   I have ignored the ioctl warnings produced by the memory debugger "valgrind" as we discussed earlier... But i have found some malloc'd memory blocks which really should be free'd for tidyness in vga.c:

static void restore_text(void){
          __svgalib_outseq(0x02,0x01);
	  slowcpy(GM, text_buf1, TEXT_SIZE);
          __svgalib_outseq(0x02,0x02);
	  slowcpy(GM, text_buf2, TEXT_SIZE);
	  if(__svgalib_savemem)
	    memcpy(LINEAR_POINTER,vmem_buf,__svgalib_savemem);

	  free(text_buf1);                        // free the 128Kb memory block!
};

   Also in vga.c i think there should be a "free(font_buf1);" somewhere, as it is malloc'd in the "initialize()" function but is never free'd (and it amounts to a 64Kb block! ). Maybe we should implement a new "vga_close()" function which automagically does a vga_setmode(TEXT) for you, and also free's the "font_buf1" block, or any other malloc'd memory....   There are still 2 more unfree;d block remaining for me to find, but they amount o 68 bytes, so i'm not overly concerned! ;)

Thanks,
James A Wright
-=JigsawDezign Software=-