Re: Modeline ?

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon 23 Sep 2002 - 20:51:37 IDT

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Bottaioli Alessandro wrote:

> Excuse for my English.I would want to use the card vga in order to pilot
> a tv (pal format) in a program for industrial automation.
> I would want to realize a video generator using the libsvga.

svgalib drivers usually program only the vga portion of the card, so if
the TV encoder chips needs any programming, then it won't work.

> The function vga_addmode gives back the big value (1108542220).
> I do not succeed to understand where it is the error.
>
> The code:
> 	int nPalMode = 0;
> 	vga_addtiming (5, 278, 280, 310, 320, 598, 602, 618, 626, 0);

I am not sure many drivers can do 5 MHz clock.
The horiz numbers usually nned to be a multiple of 8. The display width
should be a multiple of 16.

> 	nPalMode = vga_addmode (278, 598, 16, 0, 4);

The number of colours must be at least 256. The last number is number of
bytes (not bits) per pixel.