Re: Modeline ?

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon 23 Sep 2002 - 18:21:57 IDT

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Alessandro Bottaioli wrote:

> I have written these lines in libsvga.conf:
> Modeline "mymodeline" etc, etc...
>
> how I can use this modality in my software?

If it's a modeline for an existing mode, then svgalib picks the modeline
with the highest refresh rate that fits the limits, so set the limits to
ones that allow only your mode line.
If it's for a new mode, either use newmode in the config file, or use
vga_addmode() function.
If you ask about how to add a modeline in the program, rather that by
editting config file, then use vga_addtiming() function.