Re: how could i catch console switch

Search this archive.

From: Alper Akçan (distch@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri 09 Aug 2002 - 12:22:27 IDT

Hi again,
Program opens two froked process, one plays a mp3 file, the other one
updates the position bar, spectrum analyzer and, elapsed&remaining times.
main program handles mouse, keyboard events, IR, and clock playlist etc. I
could not use pthreads becouse, I had problems with pthreads when compiling
with uclibc.
Anyway, I set vga_workinbackgroung(0) after program inits the vga. And when
I changed the console, main program stops updating screen (clock) this is
ok, but child process continues to update spectrum analyzer, position bar..
I can see them on screen when I open X server, or other svgalib program
while mine is running.
So, if I could caught the switch, I can change some variables inside the
program(like vrbose_posbar_bar etc.) or is there any other way to do this?
Thanks.
Alper.