Re: missing -I in makefile

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sun 04 Aug 2002 - 20:37:53 IDT

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Karel Kulhavy wrote:

> I determined that when entering kernel/svgalib_helper and issuing
> CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/include/", the things went the
> right way.

It is usual to have /usr/src/linux a symlink to the kernel source, so
that -I/usr/src/linux/include always works for modules.
Apparently some distributions don't like this and try to push something
like /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build/include.

I don't see the sense in this change, but this is how it is. Until I acn
find a safe way to autodetect the correct directory, you need to edit
Makefile.cfg, and change INCLUDEDIR to the correct directory.