Re: font help

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Tue 30 Jul 2002 - 18:46:03 IDT

> i use svgalib to display chinese
> i can get the correct offset from the
> font file, but the shape is very ugly
> when i output words such "hello world"
> the shape is very good!

Ok, I'll bite:

Are you saying that when you use Western/Roman fonts, the letters (or
glyphs) look good, but they don't look good when you use Asian fonts?

Can we see your code? Or, is the code identical, and the only problem is
with the fonts themselves? If the latter, did you find your font, or did
you create it yourself?

I've got a font program that I personally use that creates 16 x 16 fonts.
I haven't posted it yet because I wanted to combine it with the 8 x 8 font
generator, but haven't yet done so. Would that help you?

Can we see an example of the ugly Asian font?

Best,

-Jay