Trident Cyberblade/i1 Support

Search this archive.

From: Cliff Campbell (CCampbell7@cox.net)
Date: Mon 29 Jul 2002 - 02:35:40 IDT

I have a Trident Cyberblade/i1 on board my P3 motherboard.  lspci -n reports this card as 1023:8500 (rev 6a).  Kernel is 2.4.18.

demos/spin, vgatweak reports that it is using the Trident Cyberblade/i1 driver, which is good, although only w/ 4MB instead of the 8MB I have set aside for it in my BIOS.     VESA modes work fine in vgatest.  I have the monitor refresh rates set properly in libvga.conf.

The problem is only the first nine modes work in vgatest.  Any other mode causes my monitor to go to sleep.  I would use VESA modes but I'm limited to 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 which just isn't enough modes for what I need.  I can provide a dump from vgatest if you need it.  Oh yeah, this is on 1.9.15 & 1.9.16. 1.9.14 doesn't work either, although I understand the driver has changed in between .14 and .15.  Please let me know what info I can provide to help!
Thanks
Cliff