Re: Unresolved symbols in svgalib_helper.o

Search this archive.

From: Joel Croteau (croteau@citlink.net)
Date: Mon 29 Jul 2002 - 00:42:16 IDT

Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Joel Croteau wrote:
>

>>After installing svgalib_helper, depmod produces the following error:
>>depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
>>/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/misc/svgalib_helper.o
>>

>I think this is a bogus message, which might be related to the
>CONFIG_MODVERSIONS. Can you run depmod -e, to see which symbols are
>missing?
>

>>and vgatest only works with resolutions 1-9. Vgatest will work with
>>

>This should not happen. What is the pci id of the card? (lspci -n).
>Is there no relevant config option (chipset, pcistart)?
>
>What is the output from the module as it loads?

depmod -e produces the following results:
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/misc/svgalib_helper.o
depmod: pci_write_config_byte
depmod: devfs_unregister_chrdev
depmod: remap_page_range
depmod: __wake_up
depmod: __generic_copy_from_user
depmod: devfs_mk_symlink
depmod: kmalloc
depmod: pci_find_class
depmod: devfs_mk_dir
depmod: pci_read_config_byte
depmod: devfs_auto_unregister
depmod: boot_cpu_data
depmod: pcibios_present
depmod: free_irq
depmod: pci_read_config_dword
depmod: devfs_unregister
depmod: __ioremap
depmod: pci_read_config_word
depmod: interruptible_sleep_on
depmod: kfree
depmod: request_irq
depmod: devfs_register_chrdev
depmod: devfs_register_series
depmod: pci_write_config_dword
depmod: pci_write_config_word
depmod: printk

The PCI ID of my video card is Class 0300: 10de:0200

The output of the svgalib_helper module as it loads is:
svgalib_helper: Initializing, version 1.9.16