ati rage pro 128 lockups with xmame.svgalib

Search this archive.

From: jordan muscott (jordan@no-future.com)
Date: Sat 27 Jul 2002 - 23:53:04 IDT

Hi,

(This problem occures with 1.4 and 1.9.14)

Certain games played with xmame.svgalib ( http://x.mame.net ) cause my machine to freeze. The problem always happens with the same games. ( smashtv being one that springs to mind )....  The same games work ok in the X versions of xmame, but i would prefer to be able to use the svgalib version. Im running linux kernel 2.4.18, on what was a mandrake-linux 8.1 install.  The only solution seem to be to cut the power :=( . Im not having any other problems with this machine, and many of the xmame.svgalib games work ok, as do a few other svgalib games that i have tried.   I have asked on the xmame mailing to see if anyone has any ideas, but to no avail.

So is there anything i could try to stop this? Or alternatively , any extra info i could supply that might help diagnose the problem?

regards, jordan.