Problems with /dev/svga

Search this archive.

From: Roberto Waltman (rwaltman@verizon.net)
Date: Tue 18 Jun 2002 - 20:38:55 IDT

I am having problems trying to run svgalib 1.9.15
(I need this version for the Intel 810/815 support)

The system is a vanilla RedHat 7.2 installation,
 with kernel version 2.4.7-10

At boot time the system prints "Unresolved symbols in
svgalib_helper.o"  After that, of course, programs linked
with svgalib can not open /dev/svga

How can I find what symbols can not be found?
Are the mtrr patches required for later versions of the
Linux kernel ?
If the answer is yes, how do I apply them? (Sorry, beginner
Linux admin here...)

Thanks,

Roberto Waltman