Bytes per scanline

Search this archive.

From: James (james@jigsawdezign.com)
Date: Sat 08 Jun 2002 - 01:10:58 IDT

Hi Chaps,

   Just a quick question, if I always set display mode 10 (VESA mode
640x480 8bpp 60Hz refresh), will I always get 640 bytes per scanline on
nearly all pc`s? All 3 of my computers with very different graphics
cards seem to give 640 bytes per scanline (so no padding)...  Need to
know because all my drawing routines currently assume that there is no
padding bytes at the end of scanlines...

Thanks,
James