Page Flipping

Search this archive.

From: James (james@jigsawdezign.com)
Date: Sun 19 May 2002 - 13:29:20 IDT

Hello all,

   Just need to know exactly how the function vga_setdisplaystart()
operates. I can think of two possibilities:

a) The page switch takes affect during the NEXT vertical blank.
b) The page switch happens immediatley.

If it works like case "a" then I would do something like this:

vga_setdisplaystart();    // page flip
vga_waitretrace();          // only takes affect now

however if its more like case "b" then I`d do this;

vga_waitretrace();         // wait for the blank
vga_setdisplaystart();   // switch pages

Hope that makes sense,
James