Cursor functions in svgalib-1.4.3

Search this archive.

From: Wayne Chan (wayne@maxworth.com.sg)
Date: Mon 13 May 2002 - 05:10:42 IDT

Hi,

I am currently programming with svgalib-1.4.3, and I need to create/used
the mouse cursor. I discovered that the new svgalib-1.9.x has the
builtin functions to deal with mouse cursor.

However, to my dismay, the latest svgalib-1.9.13 cannot display
propertly thru my video card using either the VESA driver or Savage
driver (autodetected), with tweaking the H-sync or V-sync values. On the
other hand, svgalib-1.4.3 works very well for me.

So out of cursosity (lazy to create the functions rather), I tried to
back-port the following functions from svgalib-1.9.13 to svgalib-1.4.3.

            vga_initcursor(int)
            vga_showcursor(int)
            vga_setcursorposition(int, int)
            vga_selectcursor(int)
            vga_setcursorimage(int, int, int, int, unsigned char *)

I am happy to say that it WORKS! I have also copy the entire demo
directory and the relevant man pages from svgalib-1.9.13 to
svgalib-1.4.3. All demo programs compiled and run great especially
"buildcsr".

I have already created the patch file. For those who are interested in
getting the patch, please email to me because I am not sure if I could
post the patch to the list.

Thanks

Wayne Chan