PThreads Q

Search this archive.

From: viscous liquid (viscous_liquid@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed 17 Apr 2002 - 23:25:46 IDT

Hey All,

This Q is directed more towards the developers of
SVGALib. Specifically, I have noticed that there have
been a few people that have ran into the problem of
using threads with svgalib because of a signal
conflict. Now I understand that in building svgalib
you can specify that you can change the the signal.
Now that is fine, but does anybody foresee changing it
so that svgalib will no longer conflict with pthreads?
Note, this Q is meant to spark a discussion on whether
svgalib should be compliant with pthreads.

I personally think that svgalib should be made
compliant with pthreads. This is because I could
readily use threads in a svgalib dependent program.
But I am not too familiar with the internals of
svgalib, so such a blanket statement could mean many
repercussion.

Have a nice day ;-)
Daniel Smith
viscous_liquid@yahoo.com