svgalib, pthreads question

Search this archive.

From: Madan Mohan Jampani (madan_27@angelfire.com)
Date: Fri 12 Apr 2002 - 04:50:57 IDT

Hi all,
  I have a serious problem with my svgalib application that also uses pthreads.
    The problem is that SOMETIMES the system hangs on making a pthread_create() call. Even though the create call returns success control is never transferred to that thread.
When this happenes that system is dead and I need to do a hard reboot.
   I came to know from the pthreads manual  that both svgalib and pthreads use SIGUSR1
& SIGUSR2 in their implementation. Can this be the problem in my case. Is there any way to know what signals are blocked when this hang happens.

I'm using glibc 2.2.4-19.3, on a RH linux 7.2 running 2.4.7 kernel.

Any one suggestions would be of great help

thanks & regards
Madan.

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com