bitmaps and pixmaps

Search this archive.

From: John Jones (jjones@atlas-tech.com)
Date: Thu 28 Mar 2002 - 15:45:57 IST

hello all,

I am trying to display an image in my program.  I can display the
"linuxlogo.bmp" from one of the demos, but can't seem to get an image of my
own to display correctly.  What format must the image be in?  the
linuxlogo.bmp says .bmp, but I can't view it without it being in my program,
but my image in .bmp i can view, but can't view in the program.  How should
I create my bitmap and what should I do to it?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks