Re: can't open /dev/svga

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Sun 03 Mar 2002 - 22:21:13 IST

> I've got this message when I launch a svgalib program. I've installed
> svgalib from the binary rpm and I saw on the maillist archive that the
> module svgalib_helper must be launched but I haven't got that.

You will need to download the SVGAlib 1.9.x source, then, and follow these
instructions:

 [SVGAlib programs] do need access to /dev/svga, which is a char device
 with major 209 and minor 0. The module svgalib_helper need also be
 inserted.

 To make the devices, and the module (kernel 2.2 or newer), change to
 directory kernel/svgalib_helper, and type make install.