help needed!

Search this archive.

From: dynasty_tang_@263.net
Date: Wed 27 Feb 2002 - 12:42:02 IST

hi,everybody .i am a newbie on svgalib
after i have looked into the code of demos, there are still some questions .

NO1 is: how should i set the palette and the video mode?
 if i want to show a iamge of 640x480x256 ,i know i can set gl_setrgbpalette() and  640x480x256 mode ; but  if i get a 640x480x24b image , how can I set palette ? and is  the videmode 640x480x32k or 64k or 16m ? if it is a image sampled by  RGB32 mode ,how can i do ?

NO2 is: what format the function "gl_putbox" need?
   i tried to replace the bmp file for "testgl ". but after replacing ,it cant work .i have looked up the man page . According the manpage ,gl_putbox need pixmap .Then ,how can i get pixmap?

If anyone can help me , it would be very nice. Thanks in advance, I need urgent help!