RE: VGAuser

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Wed 23 Jan 2002 - 17:46:57 IST

> Thanks for help, but could you explain me how to use VESA driver ?
> I don't quite understand what you mean ?

The video driver is the software (included in SVGAlib) that actually
operates your graphics card. SVGAlib will normally attempt to autodetect
your hardware, but you can specify a driver/chipset manually.

Just edit /etc/vga/libvga.config and look for the chipset section. You
will see several examples commented out. At the bottom, write:

chipset VESA

on a new line and that's all you have to do! (Make sure you only have one
chipset line uncommented).

-J