Re: Staipan is now available

Search this archive.

From: gaw zay (gauze@unixpunx.org)
Date: Mon 31 Dec 2001 - 15:47:48 IST

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Jay Link wrote:

> Staipan, my SVGAlib rendition of Taipan (originally for the Apple ][), is
> now complete and available for download at www.svgalib.org .
>
>   ftp://www.svgalib.org/pub/linux/svgalib/staipan-0.9.tar.gz
>
> Please let me know if you find any bugs, and/or if you like it.

hey I like it, I have played this game as Dope Wars and uh something else I can
't think of right now ...

the controls during ship battles is a little weird, if I press 'f' it'll fight
without further prompting which is sort of cool, but I didn't know what the
other 'modes' were and I was stuck throwing stuff overboard for a while at one
point (not really I just did '0' for the amount but you know what I mean)

feature or bug :-)

also when I retired it said my ship had a hold of 110 units and it really
had 50. Unless I don't understand something.

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  8:00am  up 120 days, 18:51,  4 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00