IBM Netvista ThinClient, Lan boot with RedHat 6.1 problems

Search this archive.

From: Proorocu, Angel (Angel.Proorocu@bancpost.ro)
Date: Thu 27 Dec 2001 - 18:38:58 IST

	My problem is:

	I'm running a IBM Netvista ThinClient, with 32 Megs of RAM,
	no hard drive, 3 megs from the above 32 are used by the video card.

	The thin client has no text mode (!!!), it runs in a video mode that
can be set
	at startup time, from the system's setup.

	I have red hat 6.1 installed, and SVGAlib.

	No metter what video mode I have running, SvgaLib only runns in
320x200x256,
	and when trying to print something on the screen (a line, or pixel,
or writing in the mem array),
	it shows on the right side of the screen what it's on the left.

	Where is the problem ?  Why can't I access any other video mode, and
why, in 320x200x256,
	it shows the same thing i'm drawing in the left, in the right side
also ?

	Svgalib doesn't  support  my configuration, or do I need to
configure it somehow ? I've installed the
	SvgaLib RPM on the RedHat 6.1 CD.

	Thank you
	Angel-Stelian Proorocu