segmentation fault

Search this archive.

From: Olaf Winne (winne@lamtec.de)
Date: Tue 30 Oct 2001 - 14:34:27 IST

Hi,

I`ve a problem with the svgalib:

I tried to set up the Cirrus 6235 Chip with the GD5420 driver (I`ve
deactivated the Chip test in the Cirrus source code and fixed it to the
GD5420), becuase I needed a resulution of 640x480x256 (Mode 10).

Then I run vgatest. It worked fine with the fix.

Now I tried to use vgagl. When the vgagl writes to the physical screen
(direct or with gl_copysceen from a virtual context), I get the error:

svgalib: Segmentation fault received.

I have the Kernel 2.3.3 and I work with a DIMM PC from Jumptec.

It seems, that ther is an page fault within the use of the svga memory, or
maybe the driver is not compatible.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,
Olaf