SVGAlib problem

Search this archive.

From: bob brill (bobbrill@migate.net)
Date: Thu 04 Oct 2001 - 01:29:43 IST

Ok, here's the problem.  I have built an application using SVGAlib.
If I fork from my application in order to execute a shell command,
I get returned immediately to my app and only when I exit my app
do I see the output from the shell command.  Worse yet, if my
shell command is a request to open a file in emacs, my machine locks
up.  If I try the same thing from a little test program without
SVGAlib loaded, it works fine.  Why won't it work with SVGAlib
loaded?

By the way, just before I fork I return to text mode and
normal keyboard mode, like this:
    keyboard_close();
    vga_setmode(TEXT);
When I am returned to the parent and wait for the child to finish,
I restore the SVGAlib environment, like this:
    vga_setmode(G640x480x256);
    gl_setcontextvga(G640x480x256);
    keyboard_init();

Anybody know how to fix this?