problem running programs

Search this archive.

From: Dixy Dikson (dixy75@personal.ro)
Date: Tue 04 Sep 2001 - 15:34:47 IDT

I hope someone can help me with this:
I've download svgalib 1.9.11 and I installed the tarball in /usr/local/src,
after that I 'make install' and 'make dempprogs'.When I tried to run a program
compiled with svgalib I saw the following error msg :
./accel: error while loading shared libraries : libvgagl.so.1 : cannot open
shared object file : No such file or directory.
I tried to link usr/local/src/svgalib-1.9.1/sharedlib/libvgagl.so.1.9.11 and
/usr/local/lib/libvgagl.so.1.9.11 to libvgagl.so.1 but this doesn't work.
I mention that I have RedHat 7.0.
 What could be done?
                                                                 Thanks,
                                                                  Dixy