Re: corrupt palette values?

Search this archive.

From: James Cassidy (jcassidy@nova.galaxyvista.com)
Date: Fri 17 Aug 2001 - 22:31:28 IDT

At 12:58 PM 8/17/01 +0300, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

>This is wierd, and I don't see this on a TNT2 or Rage128PF (in a PPC
>system). Are the errors always the same? Does it happen without setting
>the palette to 8 bits mode?

Hi Matan,

The errors are the same between invocations.  It still happens without
setting the palette to 8 bits.  I've replaced the Radeon with a R128 and
the same errors occur on this system.  I've tried it on another computer
with a slightly different motherboard (both are from ASUS), but the same
problem.

I'm running KDE at 1600x1200, and it doesn't exhibit these problems.  Very
strange.

>Can you run the same program with vga_* functions to read/write palette
>instead of gl_ ?

With the changes to vga_setpalette calls, the program still misbehaves.

>Please include your patch for CLUT8 support.

Here's what I've added:

static int r128_ext_set( unsigned what, va_list params )
{
         switch( what ) {
                 case VGA_EXT_SET:
                         OUTREGP( R128_DAC_CNTL, R128_DAC_8BIT_EN,
R128_DAC_MASK_ALL );
                         return 1;
                         break;

                 default: