Re: 24bit to 16bit RGB

Search this archive.

From: Grant Byers (messiah777@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: Fri 20 Jul 2001 - 01:17:26 IDT

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 02:52, Sergio Masci wrote:
> >    red = *(WORD *)bitmap24++;
> >
> >    *(BYTE *)bmpinfo.image++ = rgb16
>
> Clarify intension of statements using parenthesis. Does problem go away?
>
> If not, define WORD, BYTE, bitmap24, rgb16 and bmpinfo.image and resubmit.

Thank you SO much Sergio!
You forced me to check types which was the problem.
As it turned out i was reading a 2 byte unsigned short (rgb16) into a 1 byte
unsigned char (bminfo.image)

--

Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you
do criticise them, you will be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.