game tester

Search this archive.

From: Steven Seeger (sseeger@stellartec.com)
Date: Tue 03 Jul 2001 - 22:40:21 IDT

Hey guys. I have created a semi playable version of the game I'm making, all
with lame test graphics and all that stuff. If anyone would like to try it,
please email me privately and I'll send along a copy, unless it's ok to just
send it to the list. The TGZ file is only 38 k.

It puts a crummy looking ship on the screen with about 15 enemy ships in
formation shooting at you. Your hull points and shields are displayed on the
lower portion of the screen. The idea is to blast the enmies away with your
cannons. Since this is an impossible situation created for testing and not
actually the "real" game, you can press "2" in order to get a more powerful
weapon which you will need in order to actually kill all these guys before
they kill you. It also has a frames per second display in the upper right,
and I'm mainly curious to know what kind of FPS people get.

Please let me know if you'd like to try the game out, but I ask that you not
distribute the source code all over the place since the game is still being
developed and is long from being done.

The game runs in G640x480x32K. When you've killed the enmies, or they've
killed you, press CTRL-C to abort the game. This is still a year or so away
from being totally done, so nobody insult the cheesy graphics. ;P

Thanks,

Steve

PS - if anyone is halfway good with graphics, make me ships of any kind with
different images for left and right banking and all that stuff.