Re: svgalib-1.9.10

Search this archive.

From: Mihai Cartoaje (mcartoaj@mat.ulaval.ca)
Date: Thu 28 Jun 2001 - 18:31:09 IDT

also sprach Matan Ziv-Av:

> In some mystique revisions the mmio and fb regions (in pci) are
> reversed, so if you can send to me the output of lspci -vv -n it might
> help.

Your guess is correct. My friend's card had the register mapping in the primary
aperture, and the video array in the second. Your driver assumes the reverse.
Since the documentation on Matrox's website writes that the register mapping is
in the primary aperture, I am amazed that your driver worked on any card.

The best I could think of until now is to test the size of the aperture, and
assume it is register if it is small. But I have not read the specs in detail
yet.

There is a non-zero probability I will fix it and post a patch on the mailing
list.

Mihai