faster framerate?

Search this archive.

From: Steven Seeger (sseeger@stellartec.com)
Date: Mon 25 Jun 2001 - 15:24:15 IDT

Hey all. I'm using 640x480x32K and managing about 23 or so FPS on a pentium
2 of some sorts. I'm curious if there's any faster way I can do full screen
copying. My screen initialization code looks like this:

vga_init();

vga_setlinearaddressing();
vga_setmode(G640x480x32K);

gl_setcontextvga(G640x480x32K);
screen = gl_allocatecontext(); //physical screen

gl_getcontext(screen);

printf("hardware page flipping: %d\n", gl_enablepageflipping(screen));
//returns 3
gl_setcontextvgavirtual(G640x480x32K);
offscreen = gl_allocatecontext();
gl_getcontext(offscreen);
gl_setcontext(offscreen);

So that's the code, and when I finally draw my screen and get it all ready
to go I use the following line:

gl_copyscreen(screen);

Is there anything faster I can do, or is that it?

Thanks in advance.

Steve