Re: svgalib-1.4.3

Search this archive.

From: android (linux@ansa.hostings.com)
Date: Sun 03 Jun 2001 - 21:31:11 IDT

>Any confussion in revision numbers is not going to help the SVGALIB cause.
>Most people that dabble into svgalib will not be members of this mailing
>list so they wont see the pre-release explanation. If they see 1.4.3 on
>their distribution (debian, redhat etc.) they will assume it is the same as
>the 1.4.3 on the svgalib web site. Maybe 1.4.3 should now become 1.4.4 and
>any further pre-releases upto 1.4.5 should be 1.4.4.x.
>
>Regards
>Sergio

Here's an idea: When a new version is available, use a new digit in the
last place,
like 1.4.x. Then when a newer version replaces the former because of a bug,
rename the previous version to 1.4.x.bug and call the new one 1.4.(x+1).
So if we had 1.4.3, then that would become 1.4.3.bug and the new one would
be 1.4.4. If new options and drivers are added, then you could increment the
second place digit, i.e. 1.5.0. Just a thought.

                            -- Ted