Re: client-server tech demo

Search this archive.

From: Michal Moskal (malekith@pld.org.pl)
Date: Thu 31 May 2001 - 11:15:33 IDT

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:46:56PM -0500, Mihai Cartoaje wrote:
> The client sends the server a VGA_START_COMMAND token,
> an index for the svgalib function which should be called,
> as well as the arguments, and the server calls the function
> and sends back the return value, if any. The server
> can read and write the registers, of course.

We're going close to X. Is SVGAlib going to be lightwight X?
I, personally, don't see anything wrong about that :)
One can even imagine windows managed by server and so on.
However I'm not sure if it's good idea....

Anyhow the client-server model is the only way to make an
firewall between application and hardware, while mmap() may
make it effcient enough.

--
: Michal ``,/\/\,       '' Moskal    | |            : GCS {C,UL}++++$
:          |    |alekith      @    |)|(| . org . pl : {E--, W, w-,M}-