Re: make is bogus

Search this archive.

From: Sergio Masci (sergio@xcprod.com)
Date: Mon 23 Apr 2001 - 07:07:50 IDT

Kevin,

The whole point about open source is not that everything is free to
everyone, but that we all help each other. You should not just expect
someone else to fix problems that you are having, rather you should try to
fix them yourself and put the changes back into the project so that the
project benefits as a whole. There is no 'svgalib committee' that you can
shout at to get things fixed. Nobody gets paid to do this work. Current
svgalib users submit their fixes because they want to, not because they are
obliged to. Don't just bitch about it, do something positive about it.

Regards
Sergio