Re: rage driver not found

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Thu 12 Apr 2001 - 13:19:40 IDT

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, James Cassidy wrote:

> I'm using an ATI Rage 128 PCI (actually two), but any test program results
> in the
> message:
>  svgalib: Rage driver must be used, but not found

This is because the rage driver only drives mach64 based cards, not rage
128.

> I've made certain that the Rage lines in the Makefile.cf are uncommented
> before a build and install.But this doesn't seem to matter.
>
> I've uncommented the line that specifies the rage card in the libvga.config.
> If this line isn't uncommented, the message appears:
>
>  Int 0x10 is not in rom (0000:0000)
>  No VESA bios detected!
>  Try running vga_reset
>  Using VGA driver.

If you don't have a chipset line, you get this error from the vesa
detection routine, which is known not to work.

> Anyone know a solution?

Upgrade to the latest version of svgalib (1.9.8 or
1.4.3-pre20010401) there is a r128 driver that should autodetect (no
chipset lines needed), and might even work on your card.