Re: how to override modelines?

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Wed 04 Apr 2001 - 09:10:32 IST

> could anyone please point out how to override the internal 'modelines'
> that svgalib uses?Defining modelines in /etc/vga/libvga.config doesn't
> seem to work for me!

I did not look at that part much, but I think that user mode lines
should override internal mode lines.

> I'm using a fixed-frequency monitor that will only synchronize on 48KHz x
> 59Hz on which it is capable of using a resolution of 1024x768.
> (Standard I get a vertical frequency of about 70Hz, which is much too high.)

If you use
HorizSync 47 49
VertRefresh 58 60

Then for sure, svgalib won't select any mode outside that range.

Please note that not all drivers use mode lines - specifically the vesa
driver. If you use the vesa driver, the bios sets whatever mode timing
it wants, without svgalib's control.