FBdev: Signal 11 when setting pixels ca. 5 > xdim/ydim

Search this archive.

From: Burkhard Kohl (buk@buks.ipn.de)
Date: Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 14:31:03 IST

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of applications which generate some pixels far
outside xdim/ydim. When running vith VESA this is no problem,
vga_setpixel handles these properly. But with FBdev my applications
receive a signal 11, which I believe is not the proper behaviour.
I am running a VESA FBdev with Mode 23 (1024x768x32K) on a Riva128
based card (kernel 2.2.18) and svgalib-1.9.7.

With these x/y-dims I can provoke signal 11 with x > 5119 and y > 4091.
I am not familiar with the design of a svgalib driver, so I was not
able to pinpoint the problem further. But I would be willing to
follow any directions given by someone that will help to find the
cause for this behaviour.

BTW: The fun demo program receives a signal 11 as well, when run with
mode 23.

Regards, Burkhard
--
Burkhard Kohl			buk@buks.ipn.de