Problems using and compiling (was Re: Problems compiling 1.4.2 on

Search this archive.

From: Sheldon Simms (sheldon@interprice.com)
Date: Tue 06 Mar 2001 - 12:04:51 IST

On 05 Mar 2001 12:04:30 -0600, Mark Jackson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had an error trying to compile the file "src/keyboard/keyboard.c"
> at around line 485 where the case statement has ellipses between two
> values - gcc doesn't like that.  The solution was to change it to
> ten different case lines...

It was pointed out in an earlier message that if you put a space on
either side of the
ellipsis, then gcc accepts the construct.

However, I think it is extremely poor style to include such nonstandard
constructs in
the code. I suggest it be removed from future distributions. In addition
it would probably
be a good idea to correct the other hundred or so warnings that gcc
gives during
compilation.

By the way, I'm another one of those people with Rage cards that can't
get anything
except the most basic VGA graphics modes. I've tried with 1.4.0, 1.4.2
and the latest
1.4.3, but none of them work. This is a Dell Inspiron 7000 with an "ATI
3D Rage LT Pro
AGP 133", as reported by SuperProbe.

--
Sheldon Simms