Re: problem about open new virtual console with svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Mladen Gavrilovic (mladen-g@home.com)
Date: Sun 25 Feb 2001 - 19:47:29 IST

You'll need the open package by Jon Tombs.  This includes open and
switchto, two programs that will let you change consoles as a normal
user (but you have to make them setuid root and chown root).  If you use
RPM, you can find the open package on rpmfind.net, otherwise go to
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/console/ for the tar.gz.  Read
more about it at
http://www.linuxquake.com/howto/Quake-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2

This outlines how to run quake with open, but it's just as valid for any
other program.

Regards,
Mladen