Query: Shared Lib not found!!

Search this archive.

From: Bipin T S (bipin@lgsi.co.in)
Date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 - 09:01:37 IST

Hi,
        I have downloaded the SVGALIB v1.4.2 from the svgalib site. I
run an intel machine with Red Hat 6.2

1)       After extracting, i gave 'make install' , ' make demoprogs '.
2)     The libraries (libvga.so.1.4.2, libvgagl.so.1.4.2) were created
in 'sharedlib' directory successfully and the demo programs were also
created sucessfully.

        But when we try to run the demos, it's throwing the following
error.

        "error while loading shared libraries : libcgagl.so.1 : cannot
open shared object file : no such file or directory.

3) We tried giving a symbolic link named libvgagl.so.1 in sharedlib that
points to libvgagl.so.1.4.2 . But still it throws the same error.

4) We tried downloading and extracting the 1.4.2 Binary (libc.so.5). It
created the Lib folder which contains the libvgagl.so.1 and libvga.so.1

Please give some suggestions on how to workaround this problem.

Bipin