Re: What can I do??????????

Search this archive.

From: Mark Orr (markorr@intersurf.com)
Date: Mon 15 Jan 2001 - 02:58:54 IST

On 14-Jan-2001 P.Aubry wrote:
> Marco Melo wrote:
>
>> Hi, i compiled this program and when i run it it said
>> that the core is dumped what is the problem?? can you
>> help me please?

There must be something wrong with your libraries.
I compiled the program here, and it does work (without
segfaulting).   Are you using a version of the svgalib
libraries that matches your distribution?

I compiled my own svgalib 1.4.x for glibc 2.1, but am
now running it on glibc 2.2.

If it was segfaulting for me, i'd try to "strace" it
and see if there was any obvious place where it was
blowing up.   If I felt that svgalib was the cause, I
might recompile it (svgalib) w/ a reduced set of drivers and
features, more conservative optimizations.  But I
realize that might not be meaningful to everyone.