low pixel clock modeline

Search this archive.

From: Anton Osennikov (ant@ccl.ru)
Date: Thu 11 Jan 2001 - 13:04:42 IST

Hello!

I'm trying to use svgalib with homebuilt VGA to TV converter (to show images
on TV screen).

I took example Modeline for ZX Spectrum emulatator (with pixel clock about
12Mhz),  modified for TV sync. frequencies, created new mode with newmode
directive in svgalib.conf, and now can see vgatest image on TV.

Pixel clock in my new mode is about 12Mhz, like in ZX Spectrum example. When I
try another pixel clock, about 14 Mhz (like in SVGATextMode config for TV), my
new mode disappears from vgatest list. Why? What pixel clocks can I use?

svgalib ver 1.4.0
video card cirrus logic 5428

--
Thanks in advance,