Windows Text Display Emulation functions?

Search this archive.

From: Marty Ross (noodnik2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat 09 Dec 2000 - 22:04:51 IST

Hello Everyone,

I'm about to start writing Windows API emulation functions (e.g.
"ExtTextOut", etc.) on top of SVGALib (or maybe ggi?  I haven't looked into
that yet), and I want to know if anyone has already done this before I
start--save me some time.

I simply want a convenient way to put TrueType (or any standard proportional
font format) text anywhere, using more or less the same calling protocol as
the Windows functions (I'm porting Windows programs to Linux).

So far, I plan on building on/learning from Matan's "freetype-svga"
demo/test programs.

If anyone knows of any better way to proceed, I'd sure appreciate knowing
about it before I start.

Thanks!!!