quake + svgalib + 3-button mouse

Search this archive.

From: Ricardo Aler Mur (aler@inf.uc3m.es)
Date: Sat 04 Nov 2000 - 21:38:00 IST

Hi,

I'm having a problem when trying to run quake-svga with my 3-button mouse.
All the information I have about this mouse is that is a 3-button logitech
mouse, model M-C43, connected to /dev/psaux. GPM works all right with this
mouse, but quake-svga gives the "no mouse found" message (I've run it with
gpm killed). Besides, I've tried other svgalib applications (zgv, games at
vgacardgames (othello, etc)) and none of them is able to use the mouse.
I've tried several combinations, setting the mouse to Microsoft, Logitech,
IMPS2, and even gpm in the /etc/vga/libvga.config, setting the mdev to
/dev/mouse, /dev/psaux, etc, but to no avail. Quake always says "no mouse
found".

I'm quite frustrated :). Do you have any ideas?

ps, is there a binary for mousetest and the other demo programs? I can't
get to compile it in my machine (currently I use debian potato).

Thanks,

Ricardo.
--------
mailto: "Ricardo Aler Mur" <aler@inf.uc3m.es>