running progs in X

Search this archive.

From: Hugh (hugh@eden.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri 20 Oct 2000 - 05:21:32 IST

I read the faqs a bunch of times and even went through the archived
mailing lists and I still can't find the answer.  Several programs that
I really like such as xmame and fceu(a nes emulator) use svgalib and I
can't run them without being root.  Security is not an issue for me and
I just want to use these programs without switching to root or logging
in again.  These programs are setuid root and it still won't work, i
still get "not running in graphics capable console."  Is there anyway
around this?   Thanks a lot!

Hugh