Problem in programming with Mediagx display Card.

Search this archive.

From: ganesh (ganesh@hclp.com)
Date: Thu 14 Sep 2000 - 16:13:28 IDT

Hi,

I am Ganesh.S, doing my final year graduation in Electronics and
Communication Engg.

I am doing a project for Graphics emulation in Linux using SVGALib.

My working environment is this,

	Suse Linux 5.3,
	SVGALib 1.4.1,
	Mediagx Board with inbuilt display Card, &
	4 MB of video RAM.

The problem that I have faced is,

	while using VGAGL functions, my program results in Segmentation Fault.

	My code segment is,

		vga_init();
		vga_setmode(G640x480x256);
		gl_setcontextvga(G640x480x256);
		gl_setfont(8,8,gl_font8x8);
		gl_setwritemode(FONT_COMPRESSED+WRITEMODE_OVERWRITE);
		gl_setfontcolors(0,vga_white());

		gl_write(200,300,"Ganesh.S");

But the same works fine, if I use only VGA functions.

I need the functions in gl library and 640x480x256 colors for my
application.

So kindly help me to sort out my Problem.

expecting a fix for the problem at the earliest,

Thanking you,

Ganesh.S