How to create bitmaps?

Search this archive.

From: Axel Spamann (Axel_Spamann@gmx.de)
Date: Thu 03 Aug 2000 - 18:27:36 IDT

Hi,

this seems to be a dumb question as noone else asks it, but here I go:

How do I create bitmaps that can be loaded into a svgalib-program and
copied to the screen? I can do that with the bitmaps included with the
demo-programs (e.g. linuxlogo.bmp). As I use 8bit (4bit) depth, I tried
to create 8bit bitmaps with gimp, ImageMagick etc. but it does not work.
What is the format of a bitmap (e.g. 1Byte for pixel x1,y1; 1Byte pixel
x2,y1; ... 1Byte pixel xn,yn)? How to create some?

Thanks for your help!

axel

--
Axel Spamann