NeoMagic support

Search this archive.

From: daniel sheltraw (l5gibson@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed 26 Jul 2000 - 20:34:22 IDT

Hello SVGAlib World

I was looking at a copy of the new book by Jay Link
"Linux Graphics Programming with SVGAlib" which was published
May 2000. In the book he lists supported chipsets one of which
is the NeoMagic NM2160 (aka 128XD). I don't recall which version
of SVGAlib supports NM2160 according to Jay's book. Would someone
please tell me which version supports this chipset. I have SVGAlib
1.3.1 on my machine and ran the following code which prints
that almost all of the modes are not supported and then hangs my machine.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <vga.h>

int main(void)
{
  int i;

  for(i=0; i<145; i++){
    if(vga_hasmode(i)>0){
      printf("Mode %d is supported.\n",i);
    } else {
      printf("Mode %d is not supported.\n",i);
    }
  }

  return 0;
}