Tweaked video mode

Search this archive.

From: Lionel Pinkhard (lionelpi@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri 14 Jul 2000 - 20:01:27 IDT

Hi,

I'm pretty new to SVGALIB, I'm busy writing a game under Dos, and would
like to start Linux development as well. But I have a problem, my game
modifies the VGA registers to change the video mode to 292x220x256
(chained). How would I go about doing this under Linux? Is there a way to
tweak video modes under Linux? (I'm sure there is!)

Kind regards,

Lionel Pinkhard

P.s. Is it possible to use SVGALIB with NASM? The Dos version of my game is
written in TASM, now I know it's a lot of work to port Assembly code
between operating systems, but I want it working on both. Otherwise, I'll
just re-write the Linux version in C.